View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 04:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

Welcome to SR swelter, you are on a solid path based upon my own experience, lots of meetings & a sponsor. You mention the steps, are you taking the steps with your sponsor?

I can attest that my obsession for alcohol was lifted due to taking & applying daily to all areas of my life the steps. I took the steps with my sponsor because to be quite honest even though the steps are in reality very simple, but for an alcoholic or addict we tend to over complicate the simplest of things & create for our selfs a beast out of the most simple & obvious things!

My sponsor due to his experience taking & applying the steps was able to make me see that I was take the simple & making it so complex that no human could do them.

I have already come to believe in a power greater than myself I just question the reality of my sanity being restored!
If you are working the steps now you will find that some time after taking step 10 we will slowly become aware that our sanity has returned, at this point we have quit fighting drugs & alcohol as well as fighting life itself, there is no longer a need to fight anything or anyone as long as we keep ourselves spiritually fit.

Do you beleive that your Power Greater then you can do anything? Then just have faith that with time & work on your part that your HP will return your sanity. It took me taking the steps to heart with my sponsor one at a time in order simply having faith that if I take them that the promises associated with each step will come true. SOme of them have come quickly for me, others slowly, but as long as we keep working at it they will all eventually come true.

Relax, try & be at peace, keep putting one foot in front of the other, as you go along the path keep a gratitude list and read it often, you will develop faith in what you are doing is providing you results, this will make your faith stronger & you will find your self taking more actions towards growth and more things to be grateful for.

Now I will say something that I used to hate hearing because addict or alcoholic the one thing we always look for is instant gratification and that simply does not happen when working towards good goals. Time takes Time!