View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 12:36 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
getr345
Karma Amputee

Originally Posted by jackfrost View Post
Finally, I am as I claim to be. Why else would I be here?
By that I mean "alcoholic"...a somewhat misunderstood term to say the least. When I came to SR, I actually thought I knew what it meant, boy was I wrong. I have since come to learn what the characteristics of true alcoholism (or a true alcoholic) are; very interesting indeed. I used to think it meant, but was not necessarily limited to, somebody who drank a lot for a long time. Turns out that does not necessarily make you an alcoholic. There is so much more to it. In any case...

I'm not suggesting that you are anything other than what you say you are and only YOU can determine if you are or are not an alcoholic (sounds like you have determined that you are, OK)...BUT, as most alcoholics will tell you, there is a huge difference between the legitimate cravings they suffered for alcohol and quaint romantic thoughts of how nice a wine would be by a fire. There is a huge difference, so I am trying to get you to think about the type of symptoms you have experienced, and the type of drinking and behaviors you have engaged in that causes you to conclude that you are an alcoholic.

What are they, if you don't mind me asking?