View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 05:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Isla

Thank you so much for your replies. It's reconfirmed that I'm doing the right thing by letting him go.

Pelican, i live in a small community and he is from a big family, they all protect him by keeping it quiet I suppose. I know this is the worst thing they can do and helps him continue and it makes me mad. He told me his brothers took him to Accident & Emergency last year in the middle of the night when he was very ill and they gave him 'jellies' but he didn't get admitted.

I can't speak to his brothers because i don't know them well enough to approach them about it.

I believed that being taken to hospital WAS his rock bottom and he was on the up.

I know now that he continues to drink and i am not helping by being there.

I will take your sound advice Naive and cut him off completely but it is impossible not to hear about him on this small island community and I will see him driving around.

I believe he will try to get help but the odds are against him. I stayed because he was sober 4/5 days at a time, we had a good time and i had no previous experience of alcoholism. He told me he wasn't ready and I jumped at the chance to get out.