View Single Post
Old 06-22-2004, 12:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
LostDream

Happy day Alexia!

They say,
"Don't sweat the small stuff... (you have to remember) because, it's all small stuff."

I can't offer any quick fix Alexia, if I could, I'd fix my situation even quicker, but I can tell you that that's the way it is. One minute they love you, the next they don't know what they want. And as "river" and others have said, time is the only, and the greatest healer of all.

I am believing what everyone says about "stepping away" from the Alocholic's behavior and the abuse they dump on us. Mine is home and it's so wierd. We still aren't speaking per se, but this morning I saw a glimpse of her old self... just for a moment, but it made me feel good too. It still didn't make me want to stay, but it let me see that maybe she was trying to show me that something had changed.

He doesn't know anymore of what he's feeling than you do Alexia, and being apart may be the answer that could bring you back together. At least I'm hoping that for me. I don't know, but you have to just worry about you, and if that love was really strong in the first place, maybe once sobriety takes hold, he'll see... and remember. But take care of you, first!

Remember that saying, "If you love someone, let them go... if they return, then you know." Not sure if that's how it goes, but you get the point.

I'm rootin' for you, dear!
Ra Ra Ree, kick 'em in the knee! Alcoholism's not messin' with me. Ra Ra Rass, kick 'em in ass. Watch that step and if it's a wobble, knock 'em in the head, with the gottdam bottle!