View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 12:06 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Jenny1232

Justtired,

I feel for you, I really do. I'm one year in, and I already see exactly what you describe. He's convinced me time and time again he doesn't have a problem with drinking. He could quit, but it ALWAYS came back. It never fully went away. Especially during conflict, it was his out. You've really helped reassure that I did the right thing with that statement. It sucks when you love and miss someone. You're right though, it won't change.

Beth,

As you said.. I need to take this insight and make better choices and change myself. It's only been a few days, but I feel myself getting better already. I know what I will and will not tolerate in my next relationship. That's for sure! As I sit and say this, I'm secretly hoping him and I work it out. This is ridiculous. I just need to take time for me. I'm 23.. and I haven't really had much of a single period since I was 13. I once went two years being single, and I was wrapped up in bulimia, pot and alcohol. I was single for nine months before this guy, and it was the one time I was happy, focusing on myself, and not even interested in romance. It got snatched away, and I'm taking it back!!!!