View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 02:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
outtolunch

Originally Posted by Jenny1232 View Post

I'd been dating this guy for over a year, and there was a gazillion read flags I ignored because of the instant attraction.

That ole " instant attraction " thing causes so many women to ignore red flags and common sense.

He was simply A-M-A-Z-I-N-G in every way.. until he got mad. His rage was unstoppable. I suspected he was an alcoholic, so we quit that for a few months, and things were better.

Sounds delightful.

However, he's been on percocet and tramadol for nine months now. He has legitimate pain, but I feel it's become an excuse. He's in constant denial that he has a problem with it. However, he goes through 210 pills in less than two weeks. He becomes very defensive and aggressive when I approach him about this problem, and insists he's fine.

Whose excuse? His or your own excuse for his rage?

In my heart, I know I made the right choice. I was no longer happy with him anymore. I constantly worried, is he drinking, is he smoking, and how many pills did he take? I found myself snooping through his stuff more and more (which I'd always made it a point NOT to).

I know I'll never get my life back though. Before I met him, I was full of life. I was active and healthy. Since meeting him, I picked up smoking and drinking a lot again. It's not who I want to be... but I love him.

Never is a long, long time.
Love is an excuse to not take care of yourself?
Addiction is progressive.

Great time to get in touch with your inner co-dependence. Why oh why would you want to be around someone who is so out of control and abusive?

You deserve to treat yourself better than this. You really do.