Thread: Two nights
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 01:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Houndheart

Hey! Two days IS two days! NOT just "only two days"! Good for you. I had to become sober about two months ago because I felt like I was dying a slow death from alcohol and it scared the S**t outta me. So I decided I needed to find sobriety.

Keep doing this each day....and keep coming here...and see about AA...whatever place you find help with this. Good luck and glad you found this forum. I happened upon it by chance (well, are there ever any coincidences?...a subject for another discussion) and cannot tell you how it's helped me stay on track...and I am quite sure--helped me to save my life.

p.s. we had a wild "pet" chipmunk at my folks' summer lake cottage in Vermont. (he lived outside and ran about seeming skiddish at the site of humans....but he ate peanuts out of my hand!) Anyway, My Dad (who has since passed) affectionately named him Dinkee....so when I read your handle, I smile. Good luck Dinkee. Follow through and this will get better. I am starting to see the light...and you can too. It's so worth it!