View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 06:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
doda

Finally Making the 1st Post on SR

I've finally gained the courage to post on SR. Have been hanging out for several months. Even though you don't know it, I feel like I have many friends!

Here's my story: I'm a 49 year old female alcoholic. Started drinking and smoking at 12. I've been a blackout abuser since my teens. Except for the birth of my son (17+ years ago,) I'd never quit drinking. Didn't even give one night a break. How sad is that? I've been sober since January 1st and couldn't be happier!

I have not attended any support groups, but I certainly would if I felt the need. Started the journey by reading the BB online. Then I picked up Allen Carr's: The Easy Way to Stop Drinking. The book spoke to me. I know I'm new at this, but I do pray for a lifetime commitment to staying sober.

There have been so many posts that I've wanted to reply to over the months, but I just couldn't find the nerve. This is the one that sticks in my mind "Vanity," and I'd like to share: I can finally look at myself in the mirror with lights on. The big, red, clown nose is gone!

Hope to get to know you all better!