Old 03-21-2010, 08:21 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
lulu1974

Originally Posted by KeepPedaling View Post
It's been a month, and I got an email. The first time he relapsed, he didn't contact me for months. When he did, I figured he had realized that he wanted to be sober and live a life with me, and that's why he was contacting me. That's what he said when I talked to him. We were together again for about a month (I think) when he relapsed again. He didn't contact me for about a week. When he finally did, I thought it was because he'd realized that he was so wrong for drinking, and that he wanted to be sober and live a life with me, and that's why he was contacting me. That's what he said when I talked to him. We were together again for a short while before he relapsed again.

It's been a month.

I got an email. He wants to talk to me.

I have been thinking all day today as if he's decided to be sober and live a life with me. Tonight, it finally dawned on me...he's an alcoholic on a rollercoaster. He doesn't know what he's doing.

Today, tomorrow, and hopefully forever - I'm staying the hell off the rollercoaster.

Just checking in. It's still heartbreaking, but I'm determined to heal.
Wow..you have grown so much. It must make you feel so good to make a decision putting yourself first. I think you are correct in your above post. I think its super fantastic that you are putting yourself first. Be strong. I needed to read this today so thank you...sending you hugs