View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 07:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
safetygirl

Feeling weak today ...

In my previous post you all gave me more credit than was due .... I left my lying recovering dry drunk boyfriend 12 days ago. No contact on either side since then. I am sure I am the only one who is suffering.
It is taking all my will not to contact him and I am doing everything possible to get thoughts of him out of my head. It is just not so easy! I allowed myself to stay in a relationship that was unhealthy and one that I was extremely short changed in. Why should I give him any thought at all? Why do I miss him?
Interestingly enough, I do not read on this site enough about the issues that plagued my relationship.. This man continually lied and did things behind my back. He continually frequented dating sites even though we were engaged to be married. I think he needed the social attention while he was at work etc because we were together too much for him to have actually met someone in person. He prioritized his hobbies and his friends - who had very little contact with him - above and beyond me and my children. He always claimed to have no money; but is a compulsive shopper on Ebay and never goes without anything. He is a fixture at AA and group meetings but never actually worked at any of the steps.
I read somewhere on here the term "Rejected by the Reject". That is what I am suffering from! After 3 years together I find it unfathomable that he can just let me walk. I know he is doing me a favor - it doesn't make it any easier.
I just seem stuck although I want to move on.