View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 11:35 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
intention
Don't resist, allow

Originally Posted by Sid View Post
I've come to realize that it isn't the frequency with which one drinks but rather the results.
It took me a long time to realise this. Every time I drank the craving was so overwhelming, I just had to drink more. Every time I drank I drank more than I intended to drink. I am an alcoholic.

In any event I felt I needed to seek out help and understanding with this new revalation as I was feeling quite outcast and alone. I attended my first AA meeting this past Thursday. It was a closed newcomer meeting and I felt immediately welcomed and uplifted. I attended my second meeting yesterday and my third today. I will probably attended a fourth tonight (Saturday).
Great, you are going to the right place. Being accepted for who we are is an important part of our recovery. There will be people in those rooms who have had a spiritual awakeing and are living a life which is happy, joyous and free - from from the obsession to drink alcohol - ask one of them to show you how to recover. Living this way is an experience not to be missed