View Single Post
Old 03-07-2006, 08:15 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
frazzled

Well put

As i read your thread i realized that there are so many mothers like you and me. My son has been an addict since he was 14 or so he tells me now. Ihas taken me a long time to finally realize that I cant change things. He has to be the one to do this for himself. I have tried for so many years to fix things. I now know I cant change or fix a thing. He always knew he could turn to mama if he spent his entire paycheck on drugs. Mama would buy his gas and cigarettes and make sure he had food to eat. No more. He lived with his dad for a couple of months. His dad finally realized that he was using him. Now my son has moved in with a friend. He calls only when he wants something. I have told him that i will no longer talk to or see him until he makes some changes in his life. I told him I loved him but that i had to think of me for a change. His addiction is just that HIS and I am not going to be a part of it. It is hard but I am getting better every day. So to all the other mothers of addicts Hang in there and remember to take care of yourself. One day you may need the strength to help carry you thru the devastation of losing your son or daughter to their addiction....