View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 01:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
tennladybb

Thank you for all your responses.. He wanted me to start skipping days, since i balked at any reduction last time.. He was firm about it.. The way he explained it to me was that say I took a dose of 8mg... (just my morning dose) then the next day I would still have 4mg in me, and the next would have 2mg in me, and so on,so a day or two would be good. He thought that by Monday, it would still be in my system, and we could go from 14 to 8mg safely. Then at the end of the month (or sooner if I wanted) to do the same thing. I was really scared before of getting off subs, but now a change of heart for some odd reason.. I want to will myself, and to know that when the time comes, that I am strong enough to do it.. testing the waters?I dont HAVE to skip three days... i just want to, to prove it to myself.. he did want me to skip some days, tho... does that term make sense here? When i see him on Monday I will still have some sub in me, and then the drop to 8mg will be easier.. I dont really know his reasoning, but he is a pretty smart guy and I trust him fully.

Nalla, I am curious about the water method when I do begin tapering off? I have never heard of that one, but it sounds interesting..When you went three days was it to completely get off of them, or just to skip days? when did you first start to feel bad? after a day or two? I do NOT want to make myself sick, or to the point where I would crave (i am not going back to that no way in heck) I am just curious as to when you began to feel bad.. I have heard after 2 days, and after 3 days, i have even heard of people going 4 before feeling bad (BV I think?)

Thanks again guys, and I look forward to your responses..