View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 07:44 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
ACAL500

Thank you all for the great responses. I have been pretty active these last few days, snowboarding and family outings and whatnot. So I finally got to come check them out and they are very encouraging. I have been put in a few awkward positions already, like when my snowboard buddy brought beer and was put out when I turned him down when he wanted to drink with me. I explained my intention of recovery and asked for his support, and though the peer pressure was on for a little bit, when I explained the importance this had to me, I think he understood and I MAY not have to cut him out of my life too (since hes one of my oldest and really good friends). As far as a plan, I have not thought out one in too much detail, I have done really well since the start of recovery and whenever I have those little thoughts, I have made my way to the SR chatroom where a few people have seen me quite frequently. I have also made my first meeting last friday in this same chatroom . I have yet to tell my family, I was thinking I would make it a month and then surprise them with it, i dont know. If there is anything I am missing or if I am failing to plan well enough in anyone's opinion, I am up for any ideas since I am new at a WILLING recovery. Thanks again for all of the support, I will try and recipricate to anyone else on this journey. hug