View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 11:01 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  
grateful2b
Leap of Faith Survivor

oh I remember when it was all about what others should do for me, feel for me, when I was not able ( I thought) to do for myself...yeah, I played that game with myself..for a long time..wow..

I am so glad I eventually uncovered myself, the real me, who was there all along ...

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
We had to move for hubby's job and leave the two kids behind because they were 19 and 21 and both in university. I was devasted and felt like we were abandoning them.
Anna, my heart stopped when I read this...I almost don't know what to say
because as a codie and then, a stay at home mom, I can't imagine being in your spot ...it touched me so deeply...

We moved constantly when I was a child (airforce) and it was like you say, mom was second fiddle, but she felt she had to be the perfect wife and everything had to revolve round him..

and a blob is nothing...and since I am nothing...what is the point of going on...
I remember those feelings and thoughts! in the midst of change, in the transition of that, is where we can find ourselves at times...you are in the process of rebuilding your life and finding a support system within, and those feelings can be difficult, but they are only feelings, thank God...

You are enough, just as you are AND right where you are suppose to be in your journey...

(((Annie)))...I have always felt that you are so brave...throwing yourself headlong into recovery....I love it..

I have said it time and time again, That I spent a lot of time over the years at the Community Health Center talking to a counsellor and it helped my process more than I could say...and I still seek out someone from time to time if I have something I need to untie that requires another pair of eyes.

So I would definitely suggest that as another source of support...

Have you managed to get some phone numbers yet from people from your coda group? They would be an important support to you, if you find yourself needing it at a difficult time..

I love Anna's idea of volunteering...great way to help out and you will meet a lot of wonderful people...

Annie Please know that you can pm me as well when, you feel the need.

((Gyps)), that is exciting...the possibility of having your own home!...no more roommate silliness..I pray that comes to pass...

I am sorry about your old friend, bittersweet, I am sure I know you will take care of Lisa...

Good news about your roommate, good for her! that is wonderful..

Your weekend sounds like a bunch of fun! I am glad you had precious wonderful time with your girl...