Old 03-15-2010, 09:03 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

This is just me & my take on the whole deal, people label other people, when I was drinking I abused alcohol so I could of benn labeled an abuser of alcohol, or in the later years of my drinking I was diagnosed by a Dr. who specializes in Drug & Alcohol addiction as Dependant upon alcohol............. All of that was simply labels, when I was drinking I knew a fact in the end.... I was a DRUNK Alcoholic!!!

I do not label myself an alcoholic, I am factually an alcoholic! I am no longer however a DRUNK Alcoholic, today I am a recovering alcoholic! One of the things that helps me stay sober is acknowledging to myself I am an alcoholic & I can not EVER again drink safely. The above to me is fact, not a label given to me.

The program of AA which led me to find a power greater then me or alcohol, & the fellowship of AA have resulted in me having the obsession to drink lifted as long as I maintain my spiritual condition fit.

I can go where I please and do what I please & the presence of alcohol or those consuming it do not bother me in the least.

When I was drinking & before the absession to drink was lifted if I had one drink I was going to if at all possible have more........... if I was not drinking I was thinking about drinking! Thanks to my HP & AA I no longer feel that way.