View Single Post
Old 03-14-2010, 09:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Spawn

Originally Posted by northfork View Post
We had a bunch of people over last night, so there was lots of beer and wine in the house. I've only been sober for about 6 weeks, and had some anxiety about how the night would go.

It actually turned out quite well, I bbq'd tons of food, stayed up late with everyone, did not even think about having a beer for more than a second. I literally prayed for strength to not drink yesterday afternoon before the party, and thankfully my prayers were answered.

I found drinking water/soda out of a red plastic cup avoids questions from others about why I'm not drinking, since no one knew what was in the cup anyway.

The problem I have now are the couple of cases of leftover beers in the cooler out back. I don't want these in my fridge, and don't really want to store them in the garage/shed either. What do you think, should I just dump them? Hmmm... looking at the question I just typed, I'm realizing there is absolutely no reason to keep them other than my alcoholic brain telling me I'll need them for later. Yeah, I'm dumping these things.
Awesome!!!!