View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 05:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ACAL500

To the ones who dont know me yet.

Well I am completely new here as of a few days ago, and I thought I could introduce myself here. My name is Aaron and I am an alcoholic. I have been an off and on drinker since freshman year in college about 7 yeers ago. I got a Dui once and it forced me to go through a program involving AA and diversion classes for a while, which also kept me sober for over 3 months. After that, I slowly got back into social drinking. Well some nights I can handle a few and call it quits, and others I end up binging and blacking out. I have delt with it fine for a while, with a promise to myself that I would never drink and drive again. Which I have kept good on that promise for a long time now. With blackouts and all, I tend to be an although stupid, a very jolly drunk, so I never minded too much. However the other night, I had another one of my blackout spells and ended up driving. Thank God that nothing happened, other than a bad hangover and not knowing where my car was in the morning. Oddly, I would not be here if I had just blacked out, but I have been soooo mad at myself for that incident ever since, that I have realized that I cannot control it any longer and could use the extra help. I consider myself very very lucky that I have never hurt anyone other than myself in my endeavers (other than a few feelings or two of others). So I have tackled the task of cutting alcohol out of my life alltogether. Thanks for all of the support I have recieved from some of you already, Good luck to me and all of you