View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 02:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
NellieM

Deja vu all over again

Woke up early this morning with a pounding head, in a strange bed. First the sinking feeling:not again; then searching the memory banks for the activities of the previous night while still not completely awake. I looked at the clock, 4:30 a.m. and pulled the pillow over my head. I was alone in the strange bed. Then I woke completely and it all came back to me: the postponed flight, the shuttle to the hotel at midnight, checking in, drinking some herbal tea, collapsing wiith fatigue. I did not drink last night! I didn't! I made it through day 12, alone on a business trip, stuck away from home one more night having missed my connection.
Not only didn't I drink, I made it through the many hours at the airport quite calmly and peacefully. Stayed in the moment, kept my head from awfulizing everything. It was what it was.
But still, the pounding head... made a phone call and within an hour of landing, was getting a massage to rub out the knots. Headache gone, dogs walked, unpacked, feeling great.
Hallelujah hallelujah!

P.S. the airport had free wifi which helped immensely! Spent a lot of time reading forums.