View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 06:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Kirsty

Raging at parents

For the past week or so this anger inside me has just been building up inside me, ive been going to meetings but not sharing how im really feeling, until today, then it came out in tears big sobs and snot.

I just feel really furious at my parents and the 'lost' childhood ive had, I cant remember any happy times and I certainly had no-one in my corner or who I could trust. Growing up it almost felt easier for me to blame myself for how my life had turned out, I couldn't get my head around the fact my parents had badly let me down. Even now im furious that I go to alanon, coda and acoa and they wont even entertain the idea of recovery even though my dad stopped drinking 15 years ago he is essentially a 'dry drunk' and as for my mum she is so self-obsessed/centred..she angers me the most!

So I shared today in a meeting, im sharing now here, I spoke to a friend about it last night and im journalling and praying. My mum called 2 nights ago but I couldnt answer the phone to her, right now I just want to keep away from my parents.

Can you fellow adult children identify with the rage im feeling? Is it a process?Is it possible to be able to let go of the past?

I know at least 3 things I need to look at/work on is detachment, inner child healing and grieving. Maybe this is me getting in touch with my inner child and grieving?

Any E, S, H very much appreciated.