Old 03-08-2010, 07:30 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  
tyler
Not all better, getting better

I have a work event tomorrow night where alcohol is going to be involved. I am not going to drink. This will be a first for me. While I don't always get plastered when I go out socially, I usually do drink. I had been dealing with this by just not going out, but at some point I need to face the facts of the situation.

Twice in the last few weeks I have gone out with friends and drank both times. The first time I had planned on not drinking, but did. The second time I had planned on only drinking a couple, but drank more than that. I've always said I am a binge drinker and can successful drink socially if I want to, but I'm not so sure that is really the case. I talked to my doctor about it today and she said if the topic came up with friends and I was uncomfortable with it I could tell them, with all truth, that my doctor had told me not to drink for health reasons. I think I'll run with that. In truth, over the last 20+ years I've drank my share and several other people's share of booze, and I think I've just reached my limit. So wish me luck secular peeps. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow night. Take care.