Thread: Newbie alert!
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 01:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
chanel1125

Newbie alert!

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to introduce myself and wanted to ask for support and offer support to anyone who needs it.

I'm young, 22 years old. Ive Been having problems with my drinking for about 2 or 3 years? Not exactly sure because I didnt notice the problem until about a year and a half ago. Had many people telling me they thought I had a drinking problem just didn't listen because I figured hey im young im just partying. Im definantly a closet drinker. I try to fool myself that people don't know but it's pretty obvious.. I just had a short 3 day hardcore drinking binge was sober maybe a few days before but havn't had a drink today or yesterday. Now I'm having some wicked withdrawl action.
I just need some support from other people going through similar times.

I've been to a few AA meetings here in my city but felt guilty because i was so nervous about them I was drunk each time I went so i stopped going and calling the people on the list.

Anyways, it was difficult for me to start with the meetings in person so i thought possibly this would be a good place to start looking for support.

I look forward to meeting some of you guys