Thread: An update...
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 01:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
stella27

An update...

I think the last time I posted a new thread was when my stbxAH disappeared during his visitation and I didn't go on a long-awaited weekend trip to Mexico because he couldn't care for the children in his crazy/drunk state. That was the last weekend in January.

So I set a boundary that all visitation with children (8, 7 and 2) would be supervised until his "treatment team" (psychologist and psychiatrist) said he was okay to have children on his own without the supervision of his parents.

After 2 weeks of medication-adjustment and multiple counseling sessions, he got the all-clear. That week he exercised one 3 hour visit and then on a Friday, when he was supposed to have them for the weekend, he got drunk and brought them back to me instead of keeping them.

Since then, he has seen them for short periods and he has spent 4 days in a psychiatric hospital. He has bipolar.

He was discharged/checked himself out on Saturday night and now, today, Monday, he is ready to have his kids again.

He claims that every time he does what he is supposed to do, *I* move the goalpost and he can never satisfy me. He says he was cleared to have non-supervised visitation after the main episode and why does he have to get their approval again??? Ummm... because since then you got drunk with the children and have been in the hospital, so now that you decide you're better, I am supposed to hand them back over to you?

And it's MY fault that you don't get to see your kids unsupervised??? REALLY???

I'm handling it OKAY, but the situation is growing more and more bizarre, and his grasp on reality seems to be slipping. And I have to work hard to stay in MY reality.