Old 03-07-2010, 06:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
aah1977

Originally Posted by StillLearning! View Post
And- I don't understand the bit about how he wants his child support based on income he won't have? That is just plain SILLY to me. If he thinks he should pay more than the courts determine.. I'm sure he can write a check to cover it?
I "think" his reasoning is so the amount will already be determined. My understanding about child support is that once it is set they owe it no matter what-bankruptcy, jail, etc. If we already have the support amount established in the courts he will still owe it once he gets out of jail if he does end up there. He stands firm that he isn't trying to get out of paying child support.

I did tell him I welcome CPS to come visit anytime. He is crazy because he even knows that one of my very good friends is second in command in our CPS. I have nothing to hide and as far as people go you wouldn't find someone more upstanding and well repected in my town- I only drink socially, volunteer with local community groups, very active in my child's life and daycare, work for a state organization, have lots of friends, neighbors, co-workers that would give a million and one personal verifications etc. He knows he wouldn't have a leg to stand on and no amount he pays a lawyer is going to help him win his case. His defense attorney who is amazing at what he does told him to leave it alone!

I know I'll get through this fine I just gotta stay strong and this too shall pass.