Thread: Wants?
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 02:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Spawn

Question Wants?

What do I want from recovery?

This was a question I was asked when I went into rehab. Answer,..........I remember when I was a kid I had a spark of excitement for each new day. My party lifestyle was fun a first and I would be lying if I said it was all bad, but in the end it was dark! Party robbed me of employment advances,..it took away all relationships that meant something to me. My priorities were totally bent!
I was physically,...emotionally,..and spiritually DEAD! I was sick and tired of being sick and tired.

My life now has new purpose and I wouldn't trade it for all the money in the world.
I remember talking about relapse in rehab I remember I was the only one that flat out said NO! relapse isn't an option for me. My room-mate is dead,...he went back out. His death just reinforced my thoughts on relapse "picking up is not an option" It really breaks my heart to see how many people die from this disease,......I've said good-bye to a lot of friends that I miss greatly. Alcoholism is a very serious disease,........it's actually the only disease that tells you, you don't have it. If I could have one wish I would wish all alcoholics and addicts would put down their DOC and give this recovery thing an honest try,...because you've suffered enough.

God bless every-one that reads this.