View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 10:35 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
bugsmum
little darlin'

my two cents.....

I get what you were trying to do Becky... I believe your intent was to discuss how you feel about moving past those previous shameful behaviors and perhaps help some see that their shameful deeds are no worse than those of others. If this helps us in anyway in our recovery to move forward with processing the guilt, than so be it. It's unfortunate that it may evoke negative or unpleasant feelings in others, but that fact doesn't change the original intention. As sick as it may seem, I really do sometimes feel better knowing that I am not the only one that made such bad decisions to acquire drugs. Let's pretend a newcomer happens along this thread and based upon some horrible act they read has been commited by another, they determine that they can recover because there choices were comparable to others... maybe even less offensive. Maybe they are even inspired get clean because they read that others have too, even after making such bad decisions and displaying such bad decision making skills. Please try to remember there is always the other side of the coin.

I was also highly offended by the reference to being high on suboxone. Please educate yourself a bit more before you make such a statement, as you could cause another to stumble, whether that is your intention or not. Besides, no matter what your feelings about the subject, it is not necessary to be rude to other posters.