View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 06:35 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

I am in a sort-of funk again I hate this!! I went to pick up dad from where he had taken the van to be worked on. After the third comment he'd made about my not going the route HE takes, I snapped....told him I was the one driving MY vehicle (okay, the rental) and I didn't appreciate his tone of voice that made me feel like an idiot. Yeah, I know...no one can MAKE me feel like something....sigh.

I'm not living up to my expectations, much less what I think HIS expectations are. I don't DO unemployment well...have only been unemployed 6 weeks out of 32 years except for the 3 years I was using. Today makes one month since I quit my job.

We went out to dinner and stepmom was getting on my nerves...speech just slightly slurred to where I noticed, dad didn't. He mentioned that his blood sugar is high again. Got on to stepmom about her not following HER doctor's orders, so I mentioned that he doesn't follow HIS doctor's orders either and did we need to discuss how none of us are exactly living a healthy life style?

I feel like such a b***h I dropped him off, after I picked him up and went for a walk. Came home and Elvis was outside, ready to come in. For some reason, every time he eats grass, he ends up throwing up later and has a seizure..this was no different.

I'm 5 days away from my 3-year-clean b'day and I know it's a "flare-up" period. Emotions are high, anyway...throw in what's going on around here and it's a bit more emotional.

However, I will be okay. I got to see the couple with the 3 huskies on my walk, and that was fun. I have much to be grateful for. I have to concentrate on what is in MY hula hoop and leave the rest alone, and I haven't been doing very well at that.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy