View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 12:05 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
TakingCharge999
A jug fills drop by drop

I recall going to one when I was around 12, he played some cards with me and told me wonderful things about how my future could look like ... (BEING RECEPTIVE! was the main message)... he asked me to create 2 play doh human figures that represented me... one with pain and the other one peaceful.. and I had to join them together and create another human figure bigger and stronger..

Maybe I didn't get it all at the time but 10 years later I was able to forgive my father or at least get much closer to that, I wish everybody went to therapy and sent their kids! if your daughter doesn't like the first one you can always look for somebody else...

Thanks for making me feel less abnormal for still having conflicting emotions when I do have a great life now.... I plan to journal and burn the papers. Also, I'm deleting all the emails of that stage in my life, giving away clothes with bad reminders, ignoring contacts he knows etc etc, and that makes me feel great as in it is my power and decision to stay away, its not up to him. Nothing is up to him.

I guess some experiences are more traumatic than others :I