View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 07:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ceres
Go ask the Multivax

Without giving medical advice, I think we can still give medication opinions? Afterall, there's enough commercials showing people skipping on the beach "change your life with _______ Ask your doctor How".

My doctor strongly thinks I have adult ADD (ya think?) Anyway, I was told flat out that I won't be able to take the medication that's currently out there. Perhaps I'm not extreme enough? Anyway, I had anxiety and that alone can mess with attention. So, I'm on Zoloft for depression and anxiety. I'm also on a mood stabilizer, Lamictal (Which is usually prescribed for epilepsy - funny how they figure stuff out. Epileptics all of a sudden being less moody. ;-)

Anyway, My doctor doesn't believe in labels for all her patients. Let's face it. The majority of us are ENIGMA'S. So I do not have an official diagnosis.

But, I'll say that since I've been properly medicated for over two years - I feel relatively NORMAL. I'm so relieved and only wished I started sooner. I have still maintained my own little weird type personality, but that's just who I am :-). Basically, when I feel now. It's usually appropriate for the situation. My reactions need some work! But, that's more of a behavioral thing for me.