View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 05:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

(((Laurie))) - until I just read your post, I'd forgotten about the specifics I'd been taught about praying for the person I had a resentment against. I remembered I was supposed to pray for them, but had forgotten all about the "14 days" part. Oops.

That being said, I don't have nearly the clean time that you do, but I have gotten past some resentments and am working on a couple more. I don't think I've followed any one set of rules, other than I do pray for the people I resent.

I think you know what you need and that just because people are related to us, doesn't mean they are necessarily GOOD for us. On just the info you've given here, if I did a pros/cons sheet, I don't see much of a reason for you to keep her IN your life.

((Littlefish)) - sounds like you've got your own family dysfunction going on, and I'm sorry for all that you are going through. I call MY family "dysfunction junction" but after reading your's and Laurie's posts, I'm actually feeling rather grateful that what I'm going through is not nearly so bad.

I hope you both find the peace and serenity you deserve.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy