View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 09:56 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
sev
Friend of Bill W.

It's not cross talk if you're not interrupting and your not directly firing at them by name. I was just having this convo with one in my group. He reminded me...everyone in the room has a purpose. There are those who have serenity that you want to be like and hang out with, and there are people who show you what not to be like. I listened to a speaker tape yesterday that was great. He says something like if you had cancer, would you walk into the children's cancer ward and tell them that they don't know what real cancer is like because you are older than them? That you're glad they didn't have to experience real suffering like you did?? Same difference. I don't say that to newcomers because it is ridiculous. I don't hope anyone's life sucks. I do hope that I can share what I have with them to help them. Trust God, Clean House, HELP OTHERS...it doesn't say Insult others or tell others they are less than because they are out there and I am not. I show empathy because I am God's kid, just like the person who is still out there. I'm no better. I am charged with giving back what was given to me to keep the program going and to build on my serenity. But that's just my experience.