View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 10:45 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
ElegantlyWasted
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

I went through similiar experiences early in recovery. Ultimately you know your situation better than anyone else. Is this person really a friend or was it based on enabling eachothers drinking. Do you actually value this person's views and respect her or is she a fair weather "friend". Regardless, if interacting with her causes you to crave booz; tell her. If She doesn't get it, you have better things to do with your time. Whether we realize it or not, we ultimately have control over how react to the actions and words
of others (took me a while to get it, but it's true). In my opinion, your still very early on w/out booz and it takes some time to function in a healthy functional way automatically without being emotionally
reactive in a negative way. Alot of experienced counselors recomment not making other major changes/decisions in your life for about a year (this totally confused me a six weeks, but made perfect sense at six months. Keep us posted; this is a great place to vent, and get alot of great advice
from people who have gone through what you're going through and are where you want to be.