View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 07:20 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Asta1

Originally Posted by windysan View Post
Hope you get mo betta bamboozle.
You don't get "mo betta" all by yourself. If I had the answers, I would be "all betta." I'm going to try the MyWayOut program. (Google if you're interested.) Stuff should be coming in the mails as I speak.

I've been a loner/isolated person most of my life. On the outside, I was "social teen", but on the inside I mostly felt like I didn't fit in. Booze probably helped me feel like I fit into a "group." And it was a great group. We were a bunch of braniacs who liked to drink on the weekends. No harm, no foul, right? Well, that was the start.

Continued into college. Didn't interfere with grades or anything. Got a great job in San Francisco after graduating out of Madison WI. Now I'm close to the time when I can collect SS. and you can believe I will collect it as soon as I can. I may be hit by a truck between the time I am eligible and the max benefits time.

Anyway, I,m back into reading Buddhism for Dummies. My therapist (who I no longer go to) thinks the world of the Dummies books. She has read many and whole-heartedly endorses them. So far I have to agree.