View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 05:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Pinkcuda

I wish there was so much concern for every tradition. Seems that we disregard all of them with the exception of #4 which says we can do whatever we want. By God we'll never break our anonymity though.
Traditions are an all or nothing deal for me.
#1 Personal Recovery Depends on AA unity. So says thegroup that reads from Hazelden
#2 A loving God as we understand him. Talk about God and watch the meeting clear out.
#3 Need I say anything more
#4 affecting other Groups as a Whole. I've been to meetings that I wanted to call in an airstrike after I left. That's 100% of a newcomers perception of AA. Therefore, you have affected AA as a whole.
#5 It's message??? Most groups carry the message that says osmosis works. That's our sole purpose as a group too. To carry "its" message. "The" message is a different story.
#6 AA ought never endorse finance or lend. Just send them to us Judge. We need the membership.
#7 Money from outside sources. First addict that sticks a dollar in thebasket violates this. Who cares, we need the money

Need I continue????
Traditions are not "Suggestions" They are what binds AA together. So violate one , all or none.
Anything other than "None" is unacceptable. But why single anonymity?
Sadly it's because its the only one most of us know.