View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 12:48 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Houndheart

Hi Miss I, I just began my sober journey also. I have about 5 weeks sober. I read someone's post on here about a month ago...when I was lurking and had just quit a week or so before...and was not feeling so great. And I cannot find the quote right now, but it went something like this:

If you start at the edge of the forest and walk straight in for 5 hours, do you think you can turn around and walk back out in twenty minutes?

I got the message. I had been abusing my mind and body for a long time. Did I expect that in two weeks, or even longer that I would be 100 percent back to clear/normal? It takes some time...but from what everyone is posting it appears to be worth it to stick it out. To have support here and elsewhere, and just keep hanging in there. I am going to do my best to do it. And I hope you do too. Because even though it takes a while, and the others could probably give you a better idea of how long, I believe that it will be worth it for you and for me, and for the others that are on this journey of recovery to stick it out.

Hang in there and keep coming back.