View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 10:35 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

My stepmom is a people-pleaser and it IS annoying. I know that I have been one in the past, and I'm sure that is part of what is annoying me.

Mots came home and was put back on "house arrest" then dad turned around and let Elvis out, accidentally. Luckily, he only wants out for a short period of time and comes right back to the door, but it is truly frustrating to walk by the sliding glass door and see Elvis on the other side.

We had a wonderful dinner out, but there is a good bit of unresolved tension between us. This isn't something I can "fix" and I've been pretty snappy, which doesn't help matters. I'm about to go for a walk, then come home and get things straightened out to where I can get back to work on school. I've got to be able to "shut out" the stuff on the other side of my bedroom doors, in some way. I did apply for a couple more jobs, including one at the Pet store I'd just bought the cat food from I will also get to do the work in my stores this next month, so that will get me out of the house.

I'm seeing that the more I'm around untreated codependency, the more I want to run like he!! away from it, which I guess is a good thing?

Hugs and prayers!

Amy