View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 10:27 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

((Trish)) - good to hear from you, and I'm even more glad to see that YOU realize you need to put more into what you're doing, in order to get more out of it....I'm really proud of you.

Someone had posted here about how their counselor had them work through a fear by imagining the absolute worst thing possible first...like "if I do this, is it going to cause the end of mankind? Am I going to die?", then work backward, but really put some thought into it...."is my family going to shun me forever?" kind of stuff. By the time you get to what the worst thing that might REALLY happen, you'll see that, though it's still a little scary, it's not really that bad. Maybe try this with your fear of speaking in the meetings? I've used it on a few things, lately and it works great!

I don't have much advice on a sponsor. I had a great one, but unfortunately didn't listen to her and that's when I discovered crack I'll leave that to the people with more ES&H. I'm really glad you checked in, and that you aren't running around doing the same stuff THIS year that you were LAST year!!

Love, hugs, and prayers!

Amy