View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 06:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ceres
Go ask the Multivax

Hey Bamboozle,

Athiest here.

Okay, it's my belief that my depression stems from a darwinian idea. Usually it means that I'm doing things that are bad for me and not doing things that are good for me. In my case, I am genetically predisposed for depression. So, part of recovery was to swallow any pride or fear and get properly medicated.

Next, came "hugging porcipines" Meaning, doing things that would feed my depression. Like hanging around in PJ's all day. Being pretty unproductive. That had to go.

The way I see it as darwinian, is that if I do not treat my depression. I'm going against the way the species needs to go in order to progress. It makes me ineffective. So, I get more depressed, and that will turn into isolation. Because I don't want to be around people, and they certainly don't want to be around me. It's the universe's way of seperating me. Weeding me out of the pack so-to-speak. The universe is still evolving. We, as humans, are a part of it and so are evolving with it.

So, a good question is this: Is what I'm doing going in tune with the way the universe would like me/it to go?

Then it comes down to just doing the next right thing.

I hope that makes sense :-P