View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 06:52 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Anna
Administrator

I used to always compare myself to others.

It was my first reaction to meeting someone and always on my mind with friends, acquaintances, everyone.

And, I couldn't figure out why it was so hard to find women friends. I think women reacted to the vibes I was sending out and held back.

Recovery has been a godsend to me.

Lisa, I think it's great that you are taking things slowly with the new guy. And, it's also great that you are recognizing the shifting and changing of things in your life and accepting that. Sometimes change can be upsetting, but it doesn't have to be.

Annie, you are doing great and some days are easier than others. You are allowing your son to be on his own path, and that's the most important thing.

Kirsty, I was a HUGE control-freak and I was so much in denial. I convinced myself that I was 'organized'. Wrong. For me, I realize that being a control-freak was all about fear. I lived my life in fear and tried desparately to hold onto my kids, my husband, everything. When my kids reached their teenage years and pushed their independence, I lost it and fell apart. It's such a relief to know that I only have to deal with myself now.