View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 05:38 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Gypsy Feet
mergirl

I have a temporary desk to type on YAY! I also woke up sick at 430 and dont leave for work for 2 hours, so I have time to read and post today. Annie, I learn soooo much from your posts, it hurts, but in a healing way. My parents tried EVERYTHING to get me back on the "right" path in the beginning. They sent me to shrinks, punished me, bribed me, etc. I came from a well off home and was smart enough in their opinion to accomplish great things. I am so eternally grateful for my path, and I am sorry they hurt so back then.

You just have to believe that your son was meant for his own form of greatness Annie. Where I come from, kids go in the military because they are screw ups, not the other way around . There is still a rich and fulfilling life available to him. Above all, you have to remember its not about you. Just as our lives as adults need to be about us, not our parents or our kids, you son's decisions, path and journey are about him. Where ever he is meant to go, he can't get there going your way, he has to find his own.

Least, I'm proud of you!

Amy, hugs for you and elvis. I am grateful you didnt have to deal with this until after your settlement came in

So the room mate told me I go beyond brutally honest into being cold-hearted, and called me judgmental yesterday, sigh. My HP picks interesting people to place in my life to teach me interesting things haha. The new guy wants to take me on trips, move me to his ranch, make me pitch my job, all before we have officially started dating (boys are so silly) Actually, I guess we are dating, we just aren't getting naked, which is totally new behavior for me and I am really pleased at this manifestation of my growth and healing.

My job has cut me back to about 3-4 hours a day soooooo

Things are shifting around in the life of Lisa again. It reminds me that it is not a destination we are after, and that the only time our twists and turns cease in this life is when we leave it.

Thanks be to "one day at a time". If I was dwelling on next month or the next 6 I'd be in big trouble. For today I will take myself to work, and be happy its friday and I can rest.