View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 03:13 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Clutch B

Originally Posted by keithj View Post
I didn't listen to that particular one, but I'm sure it was along the lines of imposters killing people with their BS. Which is true, as far as it goes.

The message is nearly identical to Joe and Charlie. But the delivery is very different. Plays well to the faithful.

I do have to say, its a strange thing in our meetings when someone talks about having a spiritual awakening as the result of the Steps, and half the room groans or leaves. And conversely the shouts and hollers when someone mentions doing things their own way, nobody tells them what to do. Some of you have experienced that first hand for yourselves.
Oh yeah, I've seen it many times.

I identify with his story, because when I first came to AA, I was also met with the same crap. "Keep coming back, do 90 meetings in 90 days, it works it you work it." WTF? What works if you work what and HOW???

Thank God for the Big Book. If not for that, I would have never known what AA was. The solution certainly was not shared in any of the whine-session meetings ...

So I appreciate the message.

But personally he gives me the creeps. I get the feeling that behind the "recovered alcoholic" persona, there's something else. Would not want to be stuck in an elevator with him. He might get all stabby and slashy