View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 01:58 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
intention
Don't resist, allow

Where in the BB or the program does it tell us to be rude, offensive, intolerant, arrogant, judgemental?

Has this man ever done an inventory on his resentments? It seemed his whole speech was one big resentment packaged as "but I am saving AA".

I don't even remember what I/we/they had done wrong but he said "Shame on you.......shame on you.........shame on you"

Being an alcoholic I may need some blunt talking to be shown the truth but that can be done in a loving and tolerant way. I don't even remember the point he was making......all I remember is his repitition of "shame on you"

Despite wanting to hit the off button a number of times, I did persevere and listen all the way through. He actually talks a lot of sense and I agree with a lot of what he says. He taught me something about recovering as opposed to recovered.

I am just baffled by the delivery of his message. Dare I say that the word Ego springs to mind. I think he could reach a whole lot more people if he changed his approach. ......something like happy, joyous and free.