View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 01:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JennyT

Wow, thank you for the welcome - that was fast! I have been looking through a lot of the threads on the substance abuse forums and can definitely see that there are a lot of people on here that can relate.

I know I am not supposed to ask for medical advice so I'm not, per se, but I just don't see how I can see a doctor or get treated with no insurance and virtually no money (of course all of our disposable income gets spent on pills). My credit sucks so I can't get a loan and we don't have any family in the position to lend us money.

Although we both work very hard and pay taxes so that other people can have health insurance, we don't qualify for Medicaid because we make too much money. That doesn't seem fair to me but there's nothing I can do about it. I just wish I could take a percentage of the tax I pay to the great state of Missouri and use it for my treatment.

I have looked into free clinics in the area but most of them have income restrictions and very long waiting lists for even a basic appointment.

So I just feel very... stuck.