Thread: Can you manage?
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 09:20 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Stereosteveo
Nonexistent Willpower

Powerless over Alcohol?:

Before the drink: Through the steps (mostly 4-9 I would say to answer your question)God has given me the power to say no. To not even obsess, Today I can get right in the middle of it and not even want it. That's power for me, but from Him, so I can't say "I" have the power, never did.

After the Drink: I couldn't tell you what would happen. I can't even imagine it. Don't want to live in that false reality today. It would be either puke or drink into a blackout for days, week, months, years?.

Is my Life unmanageable?:

On my own: Yes

Using the steps in all my affairs: No, if I:
1. Admit I can't do it.
2. Believe He can help me.
3. Decide to let Him.
4. Check my motives.
5. Ask another alcoholic.
6. Remain willing to drop it..
12. Is this all about me or will it helps other also?

etc..That kind of deal.

Good questions. I need to check the back of the book more. I know the book never says "Recovering", it says "Recovered" and talks about new found freedom, and that we will be given power. We can go to the most sordid places on earth, etc. I do know for me the bottle was but a symptom, and all my fear driven self seeking character defects and short comings got me in a world of hurt. So I have to watch for selfishness more than anything.

One thing I know is that if we just kinda keep doing what the book suggests we don't have to try to figure anything out or worry about anything. Still practicing that part!!