Old 02-24-2010, 08:04 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  
Bamboozle
I got nothin'

Originally Posted by HuskyPup View Post
I watched the men’s figure skating in the Olympics, that was about it, I wanted to see Johnny Weir, who I thought was probably the most graceful skater I saw. I’m not sure how they score these things…I thought the guy from the US who won the gold was jerky in his motions, heavy-handed, and like a puppet. If I was a judge, I’d prolly look at the big picture, how well they work with the music, costume, gracefulness, even how cute they are, mix it up a bit. It was exciting to watch, though…I like the skating as it sometimes has a bit of humor, like dance/ballet, and the one thing about the Olympics that gets tiring is how serious they are. I’m too irreverent to take too much seriousness, even if they did train for 10,000 hours and blow their last chance and disappoint their country , yada, yada, yada. That, and I would gag the announcers so you can watch the events in peace without their inane comments.

I'm no skater or expert, but I wasn't too sure about the judging, either. I still think the judges are biased. I know that difficulty of the elements in the program gets more consideration than everything else, but how can those count for so much when the skater looks constipated?

Originally Posted by tyler View Post
I just can't describe just how cool this was. This was a very poor school and it meant so much to them. This is a company I have wanted to work for for a long time, partly because of things like today. My addiction held me back. I couldn't pass a drug test, quite frankly, I could'nt perform at the level the company requires, and I lacked the courage and confidence to even try. I'm clean 9 months now and I can't even begin to describe how much better my life is, in almost every way.

Anyway, I just wanted to share this with my Secular peeps, ya'll rock!! Hope everyone had as good a day as I did!!! Take care.
I think you did a great job describing what happened. Thanks for the smile, Tyler. That's awesome.