View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 06:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

Hi ChasingHappiness

Only admins can change usernames once they're registered. I'll drop a mssg in for you.

I know about being stuck at home - slightly different reason for me - I'm disabled.

I'm still disabled LOL and I'm still largely stuck at home - I didn't go to AA...I just was really really scared of dying, I hated the sunup to sundown drinking life I'd made for myself, and I thought I deserved at least to try for something better.

I made it - nearly 3 years now. It wasn't easy - but the good people here helped me, and I know they'll help you too.

If you find that SR is not enough to keep you quit, and it happens - I hope you will consider other options tho - counselling maybe, even AA.

It will be difficult but nothings impossible - I'm assuming you already leave the house to go to the bottle shop and shopping and the doctors?

There are far more effective and less damaging ways to treat anxiety than with alcohol - but you may have to go out and meet them, CH.

And speaking of Drs - please do speak to yours - benzos and alcohol is a bad mix and I strongly recommend you get some medical advice about that before you go off either.

OK thats enough from me

You'll find a lot of help and support here CH - good to have you onboard.
D