View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 06:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
chasinghappiness

just new and a little bit nervous

Hi Everyone, I have just found this site after a few days of searching the net. I haven't had a proper look around yet...it a big site... I just wanted to introduce myself. I have long hid my head in the sand over my addictions, explaining them away as normal or even as 'necessary'.I now realise I am an alcoholic and since I live in a semi rural part of Australia and have anxiety, panic and agoraphobic issues,getting to help is going to be a large hurdle. I am not sober yet, I think that maybe a way off. I drink 2-3 bottles of wine a day and am on xanax for the panic. Some days I start very early, these times are always related to the panic not a hangover or 'want'. Most afternoons around 4-5pm I will start 'craving' a drink, even if I do find a way to distract myself I will start at 7pm....I know this is no way to live, my kids are old enough to notice now and I have never hidden the fact that I drink because I thought THAT would make me an alcoholic.....anyway I will join in on chats and conversations in the hope that I get the courage and maybe some hints on getting on that road to rcovery.
thankyou all for reading this

Ps I spelt happiness wrong in my name....annoyingly i can't seem to change it...grrr.