View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 10:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
losingfaith

New and ready to give up

To make a long story short my father was an alcoholic and drug addict. My sister is also an alcoholic and drug addict. She fails to see it. She is in total denial about it all. She has 2 young kids and nothing is more important to her then her next drink or pill to pop. I have been trying to deal with it the best way I can. but enough is enough. I am worried about my niece and nephew and my sister. She truly belives that I don't care about her. and throws it in my face. I feel completly guilty for not standing and fighting constantly but I no longer have that energy to do it. I know she needs help and I know this is all behavior that wasn't her before she became an addict but I am at the end of the road and I no longer know what to do. I mostly just love her from a far. I stopped helping her with money and stuff like that. If she needs something I go buy that item myself. How do you get over the guilt? I can only love her from a far and I hate to think she feels abandoned by me but for my own sanity this is what i have to do.