View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 09:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
percgirl

Cool Addicted and out of control!

Hello, for Internet purposes I'm calling myself percgirl. I have been struggling with prescription pain meds addiction for years now, it has been a long and tiresome battle. At the moment my DOC (drug of choice) is perc's why, because it is what my doctor is giving me at the moment and frankly makes me feel really good.

I am stuck between wanting to stop and scared that if I do I will not be able to deal with my life. My life is complicated and would take way to long to explain, however I can say that I am a mother and married. I have been successfully lying to doctor's for years to feed my addiction. I not only get satisfaction from the pills that are prescribed but also for being able to con the doc's into giving me scrips.

It is something on two levels that I need help with. My family is also fooled into believing that the pills I take daily are for legitimate reasons so I have no confrontation with my husband or kids. As a matter of a fact my husband gets a benefit from it because one of the side affects of my addiction to the perc's is a great need to get laid LOL........

Seriously though, I worry that I will never be able to break this pattern and it seems like I can not function without the pills. I know this thing can not last forever and I need some kind of serious insight on how to even start to clear myself of this addiction. I have heard all the bull, now I'm looking for something that can really work for my complicated situation.

O.K. that was long, whew! Thanks for reading