View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 03:05 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Learn2Live
To thine own self be true.

i agree. especially about the low self esteem thing. i have learned that the longer you stay in it, the lower your self-image, self-esteem, and self-worth sink. it is so sad to see people stuck in relationships where the other person clearly is using a very nice, kind person. i was there once too and i am so glad i got out when i did.

i think we all just get so used to it, and we get numbed by it, and we are just so tired and busy trying to do the best we can in life and take care of our selves and our responsibilities, that all the effort and energy required to leave or otherwise get out of the situation is just too much.

it is confusing and it HURTS and it's SCARY. some of us wind up staying in it until there is some kind of catastrophe; or until we are in so much pain that we just cannot bear to stay in it another moment. like when i discovered my so-called fiance cheated on me but forgave him and then discovered he did it again with his ex.

getting out of the relationship and away from that person and looking at myself was so very hard and painful, but it is so worth it!